Statewide 9-1-1 Advisory Board Minutes
Illinois Commerce Commission Main Hearing Room
527 East Capitol Avenue
June 19, 2017
The Board met pursuant to notice, at 10:00 A.M. in the Main Hearing Room at the Illinois Commerce Commission’s offices at 527 East Capitol Avenue, Springfield, IL.
Board Members physically present:
Col. Kelly Walter
Board Members present by phone:
Board Members not present:
Chairman Walter opened the meeting at 10:00 A.M.; the roll call was taken, and a quorum was present.
1) Approval of May 22, 2017 Open Meeting Minutes
On Linda Zerwin’s motion and David Clague’s second, the May 22nd minutes were unanimously approved.
2) Public Hearings
• Northeast Lake County (Gurnee/Zion) Consolidation Plan:
o Motion was made by Glenna Johnson and seconded by Ralph Caldwell to recommend that the 9-1-1 Administrator approve the application for consolidation as submitted. Motion carried by a unanimous vote by the Board.
• Vernon Hills (Libertyville/Lincolnshire) Consolidation Plan:
o Motion was made by David Tuttle and seconded by Ken Caudle to recommend that the 9-1-1 Administrator approve the application for consolidation as submitted. Motion carried by a unanimous vote by the Board.
3) Legislative Update
The Chairman indicated that SB1839 was approved by the House and Senate, but has not yet been sent to the Governor.
4) Fiscal Update
The Board was presented with a summary of the Statewide 9-1-1 Bureau’s spending for FY17 through 5/30/17 and projected spending for all of FY17. Karl Pound indicated that the main distribution checks for February are delayed due to technical issues. He is hoping that checks will go out by next Tuesday followed soon by the distribution for counties under 100,000. Network bills are going to be paid this week.
5) Administrator Update
• 2016 AR911 Reports – 4 reports are still outstanding: Dolton, Markham, Maywood and Willow Springs.
• 2017 Consolidation Grants – 6 awards have been made. 4 more will be finished this week and 2 are still being reviewed. All will be awarded by 6/30.
• NG911 Project – Mission Critical Partners (MCP) hosted a call with carriers on 6/12. Preliminary draft report is due 6/30. Final draft is due in September and the final report is due in October. MCP will present the report at the October Board meeting.
6) Old Business
7) New Business
8) Public Comment
The meeting was adjourned at 10:54 AM on a motion by David Clague and a second by Linda Zerwin.