Statewide 9-1-1 Advisory Board Minutes
Illinois Commerce Commission Main Hearing Room
527 East Capitol Avenue
June 27, 2016
The Board met pursuant to notice, at 10:00 A.M. in the Main Hearing Room at the Illinois Commerce Commission’s offices at 527 East Capitol Avenue, Springfield, IL.
Board Members physically present:
Col. Kelly Walter
Board Members present by phone:
Board Members not present:
Chairman Walter opened the meeting at 10:00 A.M.; the roll call was taken, and a quorum was present.
- Approval of June 9, 2016 Open Meeting Minutes
On Ken Caudle’s motion and Ralph Caudle’s second, the minutes were unanimously approved.
- Legislative Update
The Chairman stated that a stop gap budget could still be possible before the end of the fiscal year.
- Fiscal Update
January and February main and counties under 100K surcharge disbursements have all be distributed. January and February network bills have been paid. March network bills are in progress in addition to the March main distribution.
The Chairman stated that lapse period payments will occur until August 15-20. ISP should be able to process the April main distribution and pay network bills through June.
- Administrator Update
- Grants - Six grant award notices have gone out with signed documentation due back to the ISP by June 20. Awards totaled $2.3 million.
- Pending Legislation – SB 3096 – the Administrator will be working towards developing rules and minimum standards for PSAP telecommunicator training in relation to sexual assault calls.
- Waiver/Consolidation Update
Department Staff reviewed recent submissions of consolidations and waivers. Upcoming hearings are scheduled for waivers filed by Kane County and Fayette County.
- Public Hearing on Coles/Moultrie Consolidation Application
A public hearing was held on the Coles/Moultrie consolidation plan. After a 10-0 vote by the Board members to approve the plan, a motion by Larry Deetjen and a second by Glenna Johnson carried recommending approval to the Administrator.
- Administrative Rules Status
Rules for Part 1324 were approved by JCAR on June 14th.
- Old Business
- New Business
Colleen Wright resigned from the Board.
- Public Comment
Sandy Beitel commented on training, the Department’s spreadsheet, and availability of access line numbers from the carriers.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:16 A.M. on a motion by Ken Caudle and a second by Glenna Johnson.