|The following records, completed by Illinois State Police
officers/employees, are maintained by the Illinois State
Police and may or may not be releasable pursuant to the
Freedom of Information Act.
- Annual Expenses
- Annual Reports
- Budget/Cost Center Information
- Crash/Reconstruction Reports
- Crime Scene Photographs
- Criminal History Record Information
- Facility Leases
- Field Reports
- Forensic Services Laboratory Records and Case Reports
- Investigative Files
- Invoice Vouchers
- Payroll Records
- Policy Manuals
- Press Releases
- Purchase Orders and Contracts
- Training Records
- Uniform Crime Reports
- Vehicle Maintenance Records
|Prior to submitting a FOIA request, you should search the ISP website. Some information may be free and immediately available, or available at a minimal fee, without the need to file a FOIA request. Examples include the following:
- Annual Reports – See "Annual Report" underneath the "Media Center" on ISP home page.
- Crash / Reconstruction Reports - If you would like to obtain a copy of an accident crash report or a reconstruction report, see "Crash Reports" underneath "Traffic" on the ISP home page. There is a $5.00 fee for crash reports, and a $20.00 fee for reconstruction reports.
- Criminal History Record Information – See "Criminal History" on ISP home page.
- Fatality Report – See "Traffic" on ISP home page.
- Various forms, applications, brochures, press releases, and other ISP publications – See "Media Center" on ISP home page.
|If you would like to obtain a Motor Carrier Safety (MCS) report, please fax or mail your request on company letterhead to:
|Illinois State Police
Commercial Vehicle Section
801 South Seventh Street
Springfield, IL 62703
Fax: (217) 524-2391
|Interstate motor carriers may also submit a request through the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's DataQs system at http://dataqs.fmcsa.dot.gov.
|Traffic Stop Statistical Study - The annual report of the analysis of this data can be located at the Illinois Department of Transportation website (http://www.dot.il.gov/ppartners.html).